Monday, October 29, 2007

The Toronto Maple Leafs : The Fat Kid Who Can't Jump The Fence


Yes, that's right. The Toronto Maple Leafs resemble that fat kid who can't jump the fence. Why? Because their defense is horrendous, it's like they don't even have a defensive game plan. We have the most expensive defense in the league and what do we have to show for it? Last in the league in the goals against department. This team is inept with the term c-o-n-s-i-s-t-e-n-t-c-y, they follow up two strong road games with a 6-1 score against the capitals ( it's only the end of the second period right now.) and once again, disappointed the fans at the ACC. This will not change either, a trade HAS to be done if we want to attain the playoffs. And it has to be on defense. If not, JFJ is either the worst GM in the league or simply retarded. How can you not see these gaffes? It's like watching a kid with boots trying to play defense against Sidney Crosby. It's sad, embarrassing, somewhat humorous, and certainly depressing.

But where to start? I'll tell you where. Pavel Kubina or Ian White. Firstly, I like Ian White, I truly do, but his defensive game is questionable at best and his offense is not needed for this team, especially considering he's behind a flock of others. Swap Ian White with a defensive d-man and it's a start, we'll still suck but I guarantee you we'd see better results, as would VeTo and Raycroft. And then there's Pavel Kubina, a player who just juggles my emotions like some kind of circus clown on crack. He'll play a good game and then follow it up with an absolutely horrendous game, especially defensively. And on top of that, he's not needed... at all! His specialty is the PP, and guess what, he's getting numero deux PP time. if it's possible to trade his huge ass salary for any kind of defensive d-man, do it JFJ! For the love of god! If the Leafs can somehow manage trading both of them for two defensive defense-man that would be gold... pure gold.

Thanks for reading my vent, amigo's. I'll be back with another in the not too distant future. In the meantime, get ready for that homosexual fan to make another video further proving his... homosexual..ism?

14 comments:

Avsfan19 said...

Hey ranting is what this place is for, besides, it might have some magical effect. Ever since I ranted about our goaltending, both of them have been solid. :D

Greg Balloch said...

Holy rantage batman!

You're a Leafs fan though, I understand

Greg Balloch said...

Oh ya, that second picture isn't showing up on my end.

HockeyTownTodd said...

One last Maple Leaf note:
Toronto is tied with Carolina for the league lead with 47 goals....
Carolina, 17 pts in 12 games, leading the Southeast. (3rd overall)
Toronto, 13 pts in 13 games, 3rd in the Northeast. (3 way tie for 9th or 12th)
The difference is goal differential, grasshopper:
Carolina is plus 16
Toronto is minus 5
and
Don't give me any of that "well, the goaltending....." crap either. Both Toskala and Raycoft are
capable and brilliant at times. Either one would be welcome on my team. The Toronto organization has ruined the career of many goaltenders.

Ron Guillet said...

Are you talking to me hockeytowntodd? I'm confused here... I agree with you. Toskala and Raycroft have been nothing short of solid. The defense have hung them up to dry, I'm making a blog on this actually.

HockeyTownTodd said...

I agree with your post, just thought I would comment with something I was working on before I found your post.

Ron Guillet said...

Ah, righty-o then :D

Ron Guillet said...

Hockeytowntodd, which HB user are you?

HockeyTownTodd said...

You lost me with "HB user", sorry I am a bit of a tecno-dork and behind the times.

Greg Balloch said...

He means do you go to Hockeybuzz.com

HockeyTownTodd said...

No hockeybuzz for me, I read it for a month when they launched and decided not. Guess that explains why I was puzzled with HB.

Ron Guillet said...

Ah, I gotcha. A friend of Eggy's i suppose?

HockeyTownTodd said...

Well, ok, you guys got me to take another look.
and
Now I have something to explore tomorrow.
Thanks

Ron Guillet said...

Welcome to HB ville... it's addicting.... I can't help not going there. Met alot of great people though :D