Saturday, August 25, 2007

Eggshmeg's Story


So we have an Avs fan from Calgary, what's better than that you say? How about a Devils fan from Hamilton! There's no competition of the fan furthest away from his team going on here, it's just the way we are dammit! My story is a little simpler. Martin Brodeur is the guy who drew me to the devils. I am also a goaltender you see, and many of my blogs will be about them. His pure athleticism and love for the game had me in awe when I was a young kid growing up (seeing him score a goal was just icing on the cake). I collected hockey cards growing up, and I cherished every Marty Brodeur card I could find. Now I'm sixteen and have a sort of shrine in my room with a blown up picture of him on team Canada, along with the many cards that I own. That may sound creepy, but hey, he's the greatest ain't he! I also own a copy of his book "Beyond the Crease"(which is a great read by the way, for any hockey fan). Now that many of the other great Devils who I admired have moved along I have felt my intensity for the Devils wane. I am a fan of hockey in general. Anyone who treats the game right, and plays hard, I will respect. I'll talk about any subject that catches my eye, regardless of what team is involved. Of course I'll want to talk about the Devils, but I understand that not everyone is a fan of their... traptacular style of play (Hey! It wins games doesn't it?). I will always have a soft spot for goalies, but I also love to critique them. I teach at many goaltending schools despite my young age, and I hope to get into a coaching position down the road (That is if my career doesn't take off!).

But that's enough about my story, let's talk blog. I hope my analysis of goalies will create discussion down the road, I'm always willing to converse about them. We have a great crop of hockey minds here at Everything Hockey, and I hope it will continue to grow. I look forward to the weeks to come, as we will be making great strides in getting this blog seen by more and more hockey fans!

4 comments:

Avsfan19 said...

Roy > Broduer.

Greg Balloch said...

I'll ignore that...

Avsfan19 said...

Roy > Brodeur. :D

ForeverFlyer16 said...

Egg... I enjoyed reading your 'story' and take it as a promise of things to come.

I will be blogging, hopefully, tomorrow with my tale of a long love affair with a certain team clad in Orange and Black.

Please keep up the good work.