Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Luongo Injured, MacIntyre Recalled

Roberto Luongo will miss the next few games due to an apparent rib injury which has been aggravating him for the past few games. The Canucks have recalled Drew MacIntyre from the Manitoba Moose of the AHL to replace him. If that name rings a bell, it is probably because I did a scouting report on MacIntyre earlier this year when I saw him play a game in Hamilton against the Bulldogs. He played very well, and I was thoroughly impressed by him and his style. I even stated that I would like to see him at the next level, to see how he would fare. Well, now may be his chance. We don't know yet if he will actually get to play, or if backup Curtis Sanford will play all of the games while Luongo is out. We know that Sanford will start their next game, against the Ducks tomorrow. I hope the Canucks give him at least 1 game, because he deserves it, especially after the start he has had in the AHL this year. In 16 games so far this year, he has a 11-4-1 record, 2.28 goals-against average and a .926 save percentage. Like I said before, I like MacIntyre's style and overall confidence, and I really hope to see him get a shot in Vancouver.

0 comments: