Monday, December 3, 2007

A Flyer Suspended? That's New!

I know it may seem like I'm ragging on the Flyers, but it's kind of hard to ignore it when they are getting a suspension handed down every other game. The newest culprit: Riley Cote for his head-shot on Matt Niskanen of the Dallas Stars two days ago. Now I haven't seen it yet, so I'm not gonna BS my way through this, telling you how dirty of a hit it was. It was obviously bad enough to merit a 3-game suspension, because that is exactly what he got. My question is, "What is Gary Bettman waiting for?". Stick it to these guys already! Five suspensions already and we're not even half-way through the year. It's not like they haven't been warned yet, and these suspensions obviously aren't stopping them. Hit them where it hurts, either the pocketbook or the scoreboard. That's right, I'm suggesting that after a certain amount of suspensions the league should start to take away points from the team. Losing a goon for 3 or 4 games isn't punishment enough for the team, so the only plausible way we can rid the game of these cheap shots is to start taking away points after a certain amount of suspensions. Now we play the waiting game until the next Flyers suspension. What's the over-under on Ben Eager being next?

EDIT: Just so I don't look like a complete Flyer hater, Scott Nichol of the Preds has also been suspended for 5 games for his hit(s) on Montreal's Patrice Briesbois which I did see. Well deserved.

1 comments:

Professor Prax said...

And Steve Downie called up. How long until he's suspended again?